Monday, March 21, 2011

110320 Park Yoohwan Talks About His Brother Yoochun


Actor Park Yoohwan has confided in us the advice he has received from his older brother Park Yoochun. Park Yoohwan said, “After living for a long time in America, I have not become very familiar with manners in Korea. So in regards to that, my brother emphasized that when becoming a member of the society, it is important to become a good person first before becoming an actor.”

Park Yoohwan has earnestly made his debut as an actor in MBC’s drama “Sparkling Sparkling”. Even though he is a newcomer, even before the casting of this drama Park Yoohwan has ranked number one many times as most popular searched term in online websites. This is because he is brother of the famous star Park Yoochun.

The friendship between these two brothers is special. During the press conference for this drama, Yoochun also suddenly appeared at the venue to encourage his brother. Right now Yoochun is taking care of Yoohwan as an adult but when they were kids it seemed they had lived together amongst fights. Yoohwan said, “Yoochun is more serious, and I have a more relaxed and light way of living. Also there were times when even when Yoochun hadn’t done anything wrong, I would tattle on him and he would get scolded by our mother.”


Park Yoohwan had spent his adolescence in America and in 2001 he had watched the comedy show on MBC Comedy Situation. It was after watching this he had gained his first interest in acting. “The comedy on this stage made me laugh at lot. Seeing this I thought that if was able to make productions like this, I could made people laugh too.” Meanwhile, Yoochun had been casted for his debut drama “Sungkyunhwan Scandal”. As the protagonist of this drama, whenever Yoochun would go for practice, Yoohwan would also follow him without hesitation. It seemed he was attracted to this place of excitement.

The character Yoohwan will be acting is named Han Seo. He said that, “ There are still many aspects to me that are immature. I am very grateful to all the warm viewers who will be watching. This year I want to do any roles from silly roles to athletes.”

To continue to the question of whether he would debut as a singer, he said that he has not been thinking of doing that at all. Because of my brother’s influence it’s been said that I am good at singing, but it’s not like that at all. After seeing Kim Junsu’s singing in his musical, it was so good. It would be impossible for me.” He continued to say that, “Watching my brother’s live performances and t.v. programs, it gives me goosebumps all over. He’s a 180 degrees different from the brother I see at home.” Park Yoohwan concluded by saying, “I don’t know whether I’ll be able to do as well as Yoochun, but I have confidence to show myself as an actor through my own colours.”

Having read Michael Caine’s “Acting Lessons” book three times, the confident Park Yoohwan told us a quote from it and conveyed his enthusiasm, “If your thinking of other profession besides acting, quit right now”.

credit: tvxqchamie
trans by: sharingyoochun.net

No comments:

Post a Comment